My Mother-in-Law recently told me about this salad she ate at a restaurant. Grilled peaches and arugula, you had me at hello! Then, top it off with proscuitto and burrata cheese…yes, please! She asked the waitress what was in it and got some of the ingredients for the dressing and from there, we put it together ourselves at home. Here we go!
I’ve made this a few times now and I think I have finally perfected the dressing. I now double the dressing so I can have some extra to toss on salads during the week because I really think it is the perfect summer salad dressing!
Peaches are in season right now so I highly advise you to go get some this week and make this salad as soon as possible! It really is incredible!
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. champagne vinegar
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 ripe peaches
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 2-4 slices of thinly sliced proscuitto.
- 1/2 ball of burrata cheese
- Balsamic Reduction (store bought), for drizzling
- In a food processor or blender, combine all of the "for the dressing" ingredients. pulse until combined and set aside until you are ready to toss the salad.
- Cut peaches in half and remove the seed (I carefully cut a little circle around the seed and using my fingers, gently pull out the seed). Drizzle cut side with a little bit of olive oil.
- Grill peaches until grill marks appear, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from grill and set aside.
- Drizzle the arugula lightly with the dressing and toss so that it is evenly coated (add more to taste if wanted).
- Divide the arugula amungst 2 plates or bowls. Alongside the arugula, place the grilled peaces, the sliced proscuitto, and 1/4 of the burratta cheese. Season the top with fresh cracked pepper, to taste.
- Drizzle all contents of the salad lightly with balsamic reduction.
- Serve and enjoy!
- The dressing ingredients makes enough to serve 4. Double the rest of the ingredients and keep the dressing the same and you can serve guests as well. We love whipping this salad up for guests in the summertime!