At Central Market in the pre-cooked items section, I have seen that they had a “Grape, Walnut, & Blue Cheese Salad” and I thought, what a clever idea! I haven’t tried it yet from there, mainly because I am not going to pay so much for something that can be made so easily, but I will admit that I totally stole their clever idea and made it into how I thought it should taste. I mixed the Grape, Walnuts, and Blue cheese together and drizzled a little homemade lemon-honey vinaigrette over it. So delicious! This Grape, Walnut & Blue Cheese Salad is a GREAT, no-fuss summer side dish when you have guests over. Or make it at the beginning of the week and just enjoy it to yourself as an easy addition to your packed lunch! Enjoy!
- 4 cups red, seedless grapes
- 3 cups green, seedless grapes
- 2 cups of Walnuts, loosely chopped
- 1 cup Crumbled Blue Cheese (not a blue cheese lover? Try Feta instead!)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. champagne vinegar
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
1. In a large bowl, combine grapes, walnuts, and blue cheese. Toss to combine.
2. in a small separate bowl, combine the olive oil, champagne vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper. Whisk well. Drizzle over grape salad and toss. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (and up to overnight) before serving.