I am sure you’ve realized I am a big fan of Siete Foods grain-free tortillas and tortillas chips…I mean, it’s something I really just cannot hide. My entire family loves their products so much and we eat them in our diet regularly. Not sponsored… just true love. And these Grain-Free Turkey and Black Bean Taquitos? Also true love.
These taquitos are probably the best way I’ve enjoyed the Siete Almond Flour Tortillas to date and they are definitely going to be a new staple in our household. My kids went crazy for them and you know what the best part was? I plopped my kids in the stroller and they enjoyed their taquitos while mommy enjoyed an afternoon walk. It was ahhhmazzzinggg! Portable foods for the W-I-N! You mommies will have to try it out for yourself.
I made this batch of Grain-Free Turkey and Black Bean Taquitos with some ground, organic turkey, black beans and a little cheese because they were mainly for the kiddos; however, you can fill them up with anything you’d like. The possibilities here are really endless! Enjoy!
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1/2 lb. ground turkey
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- 1/2 can black beans, drained
- 8 siete almond flour tortillas
- 1 tbsp. adobo seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- 1 sheet of parchment paper
- coconut oil spray (or cooking spray)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and ground turkey, and using the back of a spoon break up the turkey. Cook until turkey is cooked through (no longer pink).
- Add the spinach and the drained black beans to the skillet, continue to saute until spinach is wilted.
- Season with salt, pepper, and adobo seasoning.
- Remove from heat, add the cheese if using. Stir once more.
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave for 25 seconds to soften them up for rolling.
- Add about 3 tbsp. of the meat mixture to the center of the tortilla. Very gently roll them into tight taquitos.
- Place the taquitos on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper seem side down.
- Spray the taquitos lightly over the tops with cooking spray.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the taquitos are golden and crispy.
- Serve and enjoy!
MorganOctober 27, 2020 at 6:26 pm
Could these be made in bulk and frozen?
AlexOctober 28, 2020 at 8:26 pm
yes for sure! when you go to freeze them though: let them cool completely. Place on a sheet pan (that fits in your freezer) in single layer and freeze. Once they are frozen, then you can toss them in a freezer bag and freeze. They way, they don’t all freeze together.
MarcellaFebruary 7, 2022 at 11:31 pm
Would you flash-freeze these before or after baking in the oven?
AlexFebruary 8, 2022 at 8:44 pm
I would after so they hold together best!
TraciJuly 2, 2017 at 11:50 am
These were sooo yummy! I’ve been using Siete tortillas for some time and never thought to do this. My kiddos loved them too!
AlexJuly 2, 2017 at 1:53 pm
oh, good!! I am so glad to hear that! 🙂