This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Sink your teeth into these delightful Grain-Free Nutella Brownies — wow!
When I pull Nutella out of a grocery bag in front of my kids, they actually jump up and down and cheer. I do feel similarly, as I think Nutella is just one of the greatest gifts to earth. It is a quick, easy way to bring a smile to the breakfast table spread over some toast, or with fresh strawberries for a sweet treat, and it’s also delightful for baking.
I’ll never forget the first time I tried Nutella. It was never something my mom had in our pantry growing up, but one of my best friends from college introduced it to me when studying abroad and I couldn’t believe I went my whole life without Nutella. Nutella is just a brand of sweetened hazelnut cocoa spread, but if you have a brand of hazelnut cocoa spread that you love, it should work just fine in this recipe (just make sure it’s very smooth and creamy).
These Grain-Free Nutella Brownies are just oh-so-good. They are chewy, fudgy and a little bit cakey. Thanks to the Nutella, the cocoa, and the chocolate chips, they are quite chocolatey but just perfect in my opinion. You don’t want to miss this recipe!!
Grain-Free Nutella Brownies
- ¾ cup Nutella or any creamy hazelnut chocolate butter
- ¼ cup creamy cashew or almond butter
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot flour
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts optional. For the record, my kids hate when I add this part, ha!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 9 x 9 pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the Nutella, cashew butter, eggs, maple syrup, avocado oil and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder, baking powder, kosher salt, almond flour and arrowroot flour. Whisk until well combined and very smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped hazelnuts (if using).
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow brownies to cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing for best results. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.