This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These simple, garlicky green beans go with pretty much everything, including our baked lemon salmon with creamy dill sauce! These have been one of my favorite go-to sides for years so I had to share with you all. Enjoy!
Garlicky Green Beans Ingredients:
- 1 lb bag of Washed, Trimmed, and Ready to cook French Beans
- 2 tbsp. Ghee (or sub olive oil or butter)
- 4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
1. Fill a large bowl with cold water and ice.
2. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Once boiling salt liberally and add in green beans. Cook 3 – 4 minutes or just until bright green.
3. Use a slotted spoon to transfer beans to ice bath to stop cooking process. Once cool, remove and pat dry.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tbsp. olive oil (or ghee), when melted and hot, add the green beans. Add the sliced garlic and the crushed red pepper and saute, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Next add the lemon zest + juice and generous amounts of salt and pepper, to taste. Saute for 2 more minutes. Serve and Enjoy!