Hosting people over for a party or to watch some football? These delicious Gameday Mini Meatballs are a great choice for serving your guests. Serve it with slider buns to make little sandwiches, or simply with some toothpicks.
Ingredients (makes about 50 Gameday Mini Meatballs):
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley (plus more for garnish)
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped basil
- 1/4 cup + 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 Jar of Marinara (I bought a jar of Central Market Arrabbiata)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the ground beef, minced garlic, egg, breadcrumbs, parsley, basil, 1/4 cup shredded parmesan, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper.
- Using your hands, mend all of the ingredients together until well blended.
- Using your hands again, roll meatballs into bitesized balls (about 1 inch). This should make around 50 mini-meatballs.
- In a large, oven safe skillet (or just use a skillet and transfer meatballs to an oven safe dish after), heat 4 tbsp. of olive oil over medium-high heat on the stovetop. Add your meatballs in two separate batches to avoid overcrowded. Brown all sides and cook meatballs all the way through (no longer pink in the middle). Place a papertowel on a plate and as meatballs are cooked through, place them on the paper towel to soak up the grease. Continue cooking in batches until all of the meatballs are cooked through.
- Place the cooked meatballs in an oven-safe skillet (cast iron) or just use an oven safe dish. Pour jar of marinara over, then sprinkle with about 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until marinara is bubbling and cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, garnish with extra chopped parsley and basil (optional). Serve and enjoy!