Hi friends! I made and shared this simple dinner, Easy Sausage Cauliflower Gnocchi Skillet, on Instagram yesterday. You all seemed to be more excited about it than I imagined. The Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi love is real. I get it though — when cooked right, they make for a delicious meal that feels oh-so carby and comforting, except it’s a great low carb and veggie packed option!
This one is filled with things I had on hand, but it was absolutely delightful. The Hot Italian Sausage links are the star for flavor (I get mine at Central Market) and the fresh basil makes this taste like you spent way more time making it than you really did. It’s a win across the board!
If you love this Easy Sausage Cauliflower Gnocchi Skillet recipe, try this other Creamy Mushroom Cauliflower Gnocchi, too!! It’s a winner!
Easy Sausage Cauliflower Gnocchi Skillet
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 uncooked, hot Italian sausage links
- 1 bag frozen Trader Joe's Cauliflower Gnocchi
- 1 tbsp ghee (or butter)
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1.5 cups baby spinach (or just a big handful)
- 3 tbsp fresh basil, cut into thin ribbons
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, or more to taste
- kosher salt, to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium high heat in a non-stick skillet. Add the sausage links and cook until cooked through and golden brown, about 4 mins a side. Transfer to a cutting board.
- Add the frozen gnocchi to the same skillet and spread so that it is in a single layer. Let the gnocchi saute, undisturbed, until golden brown on the bottom, 2-3 mins. Flip using a large spatula and add 1-2 tbsp water. Continue to saute, shaking the skillet every minute or so, until golden brown all over. *Do not attempt to flip the gnocchi for the first time until they are seared and golden brown on the bottom. The gnocchi will “unstick” themselves from the skillet when they’re ready to be flipped.
- Cut up the cooked sausage into bite sized pieces and add back into the skillet with the gnocchi. Add the butter and marinara and shake the skillet to combine. add the spinach and basil and toss until the spinach is just wilted, 2-3 mins.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!