Please note that I only work with companies and products that I feel passionately about and that align with The Defined Dish’s views and that this post contains sponsored content for ALDI. While I am compensated for the work I do, my opinions are always 100% my own.
Summer grilling is HERE and I could not be more thrilled.
If you are someone that isn’t very comfortable on the grill, just think of it as an outdoor stovetop. It’s easy to use and the best way to kick off summer grilling is by firing up your grills, hang out in the beautiful great outdoors, have a cold drink in hand, and make something simply delicious.
That is exactly what this Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza Flatbread is– simply delicious. It couldn’t be easier to make and it can serve as such a fun appetizer OR main course. The flavors are fun, they scream SUMMER-TIME, and it’s something everyone will enjoy! Aka– a total crowd pleaser! I highly recommend you put this easy grilling recipe on your menu for Memorial Day!!
The ingredients are straight-forward and simple, and I got all mine at my local ALDI. ALDI has such an impressive selection of affordable seasonal produce and fresh ingredients! Here’s what I snagged at ALDI to whip up this delightful summer grilling recipe:
- Simply Nature Organic Chicken Breasts
- Specially Selected Original Naan Flatbread
- Burman’s Original BBQ Sauce
- Specially Selected Premium Italian EVOO
- Emporium Selection Deli Sliced Smoked Gouda Cheese
- Happy Farms Mozzarella Cheese
- red onion
- Wernesgruner Pilsner Beer (a nice cold beer with pizza is hard to beat!!)
All of these ingredients come together and create a show-stopping summer grilling recipe. I hope this inspires you to get outside, enjoy the sunshine, and make something fabulous to eat!
Easy Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza Flatbread
For the Chicken Marinade:
- 1 lb Simply Nature Organic Chicken Breast
- 2 tbsp Specially Selected Premium Italian EVOO
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
For the Pizza Flatbread:
- 4 Specially Selected Original Naan Flatbreads
- 1 cup Burman's Original BBQ Sauce
- 4 slices Emporium Selection Deli Sliced Smoked Gouda Cheese
- 1.5 cups Happy Farms Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, very thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro leaves
First, Marinade the Chicken:
- Place chicken breasts on a cutting board and cover with parchment paper or plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet or the bottom of a skillet, pound/tenderize the meat until it is an even 1/2 inch thickness.
- Place the tenderized chicken breasts in a plastic bag with the olive oil, lime juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Seal and toss so that it is combined. Refrigerate and let marinade for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill over medium-high heat. When hot, place the chicken breasts on the grill and cook until the chicken is cooked through with nice grill marks, (grill will be closed) about 4 minutes a side. Transfer the cooked chicken to a cutting board and let rest while you prepare the pizzas. Reduce the heat on the grill to Medium.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the bbq sauce on top of each of the naan flatbreads. Next, tear up 1 slice of the smoked gouda cheese and spread evenly on top of each. Evenly distribute the shredded mozzarella on top. Slice the chicken thinly and evenly distribute on top of the naan. Lastly, add the sliced onion and sliced jalapeno, if using.
- Carefully transfer the loaded naan pizzas to the grill. Cover and grill until the cheese is melted, hot and bubbly, and the naan is crisp on the bottom, about 5 minutes.
- Using a sturdy spatula, transfer the flatbreads to a large serving board and slice into 4 big slices. Garnish with the chopped cilantro. Serve your guests and ENJOY! yum!