This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Okay, these Crispy Duck Fat Smashed Potatoes are to-die-for! I don’t know why it took me so long to start using duck fat because it’s amazing. I really love using Rougie and Epic brand for the duck fat and if you can’t find it at your local Whole Foods or grocery store, you can always rely on Amazon. This is a no brainer side when entertaining guests. My favorite way to serve these Crispy Duck Fat Smashed Potatoes are with a nice grilled steak or lamb topped with our Mint Chimichurri. Perfection!
- 3 pounds (about 15) small red potatoes
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup duck fat
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place potatoes in pot and cover completely with water. Season heavily with salt. Bring to boil over high heat then drop heat to low and cook until can easily fork through, about 30 minutes. Make sure they are cooked through but don't overcook.
- Drain in a colander and let cool, about 5 minutes.
- Place potatoes on your baking board. One at a time, smash each down with the palm of your hand till about 1/2 inch thick. Don't worry if pieces break apart; you can still use those.
- With potatoes arranged on baking sheet, season with 2 tsp. salt and drizzle with duck fat.
- Roast potatoes until brown and crispy, about 30 to 40 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy!
- You could brush on your duck fat instead of drizzling over top of the potatoes.