This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Dallas folks, do you recognize this salad? Yep, I totally remade Mr. Mesero’s “Del Corazon” salad in my own kitchen because, well, its the best! Not to toot my own horn or anything but, I will say that I took their salad and made it better. It’s all in my dressing! At Mr. Mesero, they use olive oil to dress their salad, which is simply fantastic. You’ll see that in my delicious dressing is made with extra virgin olive oil, Cholula, lime, and cilantro. My absolute favorite thing about this Del Corazon Ensalada is the addition of hearts of palm. I just love hearts of palm in my salads!
This Del Corazon Ensalada is perfect for warm weather lunch or dinner! Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 10-12 dashes cholula hot sauce, or other hot sauce of choice
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. Freshly chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 head Bibb lettuce
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 12oz. can hearts of palm, drained and sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomato, halved
- 1/2 red onion, very thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup of olive oil, the cholula, cilantro, the juice of 2 limes, and salt and pepper (to taste). Whisk together and set aside.
- Butterfly both of the chicken breasts: Place one hand on top of the chicken breast, slice it open horizontally cutting almost to the other side but not all the way through. Open it like a book.
- Season the chicken all over with the dried oregano, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium-high heat. Add 2 tbsp. olive oil and when hot, add the chicken breasts. Sear until chicken is golden brown on both sides and cooked all the way through (about 5 minutes per side). Set aside to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Tear bibb lettuce into bite sized pieces and place in the bottom of a large bowl. Top with the sliced cherry tomatoes, the cubed avocado, and the hearts of palm.
- Slice the cooled chicken breasts thinly. Place over the salad. Drizzle with the salad dressing. Toss to coat. Serve and enjoy!