This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
You all know how much I love soup, and this Crockpot Chicken, Avocado, and Lime Soup is a fan favorite for sure! I love how simple it is yet it’s PACKED full of flavor. If you are doing a whole30, this Crockpot Chicken, Avocado, and Lime Soup is one of those soups that will actually satisfy you for lunch or dinner, so I recommend making this at the beginning of the week and enjoying it whenever you need a delicious, satisfying meal.
Crockpot Chicken, Avocado, and Lime Soup
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 white onion diced fine
- 1 jalapeno seeded and stemmed, then diced fine
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 [14-oz] can of diced tomatoes
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. chipotle chili powder or regular chili powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice ~ 2 limes
- 2 avocados diced
- Place chicken, diced onion, jalapeno, minced garlic, chicken broth, diced tomatoes, chili powder, dried oregano, salt, pepper and cumin. Stir well to combine. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high for 4-6.
- When cooking time is complete, using tongs remove the chicken from the crockpot and onto a cutting board. Using two forks, shred the chicken. Place shredded chicken back into the crockpot.
- Stir in chopped cilantro and lime juice into the crockpot.
- Place 1/2 an avocado, cubed, in the bottom of a soup bowl. Ladle soup over avocado. Serve and enjoy!
INSTANT POT METHOD
- Press "saute" button. Add 1 tbsp. olive oil and add the diced onion, garlic and jalapeno. Saute until onions are tender, about 4 minutes.
- Press the "warm/cancel" button to turn saute function off. Now add in the chicken broth, chicken breasts, oregano, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, diced tomatoes.
- Close the top of the instant pot. Press the "soup" button and let cook until cooking time is completed (30 minutes), then manually release pressure by flipping the vent at the top.
- When done releasing pressure, open and using tongs, remove the chicken onto a cutting board and shred the chicken using two forks. It should shred extremely easily. Place shredded chicken back into the instant pot.
- Add in the cilantro and the lime juice.
- Place 1/2 an avocado, cubed, in the bottom of a soup bowl. Ladle soup over avocado. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.