This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Here is a fantastic dinner to add to your rotation: Coconut Lime Chicken!
Inspired by a dish on the Cheesecake Factory menu, this dish is filled with tender pieces of chicken, snow peas, mushrooms and onions smothered in a delicious Thai-inspired coconut-lime sauce with mangos and cashews. It’s got the perfect touch of spice, delicious savory notes, and a touch of sweetness from the mangos, making it a total winner around the table.
You can keep this dish Whole30 by serving it alone or over cauliflower rice. But if you aren’t doing a Whole30, this is fantastic over steamed, white rice.
Coconut Lime Chicken
For the Chicken:
- 1 ½ lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp tapioca starch
For the Stir Fry:
- ½ medium white onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 6 oz snow peas
- 2 cups thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2-3 thai chiles thinly sliced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup broth
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- Zest of half a lime
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 3/4 cup mango diced
- ½ cup roughly chopped cashews
- Prepared Rice or cauliflower rice
- Freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- Freshly chopped thai basil or basil leaves
- Place the cubed chicken into a large bowl with 2 tbsp of the avocado oil, salt, white pepper, coconut aminos and tapioca starch. Stir until well combined.
- Heat a large, deep non-stick skillet over medium-high heat with the remaining 2 tbsp of avocado oil. When the oil is shimmering, add the chicken in a single layer (you will likely need to do this in two batches) until golden brown and cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate and set aside until all of your chicken is cooked through.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the onion, garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring, until the onions are tender, being careful not to burn the garlic; about 4 minutes.
- Add the snow peas, mushrooms and chiles. Continue to cook, stirring, until the snow peas have softened; about 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, broth, coconut aminos, fish sauce, lime zest and lime juice to the skillet and stir to coat the veggies. Add the chicken and any of its juices to the skillet and toss to combine. Bring the contents in the skillet to a simmer and continue cooking until the sauce has just thickened and the chicken is well coated in the sauce, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the mango and the cashews.
- Serve over prepared rice (or cauliflower rice) and garnish with cilantro and basil. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.