Ohhhhh, I just love chorizo, so much spice and flavor which is my JAM. And this Chorizo con Papas? ALSO MY JAM.
Pederson Farm’s just came out with no-sugar chorizo that is absolutely fantastic. Most people don’t know what to do with chorizo, well, here is one of the easiest, most traditional and tasty recipes using chorizo, “Chorizo con Papas” which means chorizo with Potatoes.
Make this dish on Sunday (without the eggs), that way you can just reheat the Chorizo con Papas and eat it alone, or top it with an egg or two if you’d like!
Like the flavors or this dish? Try my Chorizo con Papas Breakfast Tacos!
- 16oz. chorizo (I use Pederson's Farms No Sugar Chorizo)
- 1 lb. small yukon gold potatoes (I buy the little 2 bite sized ones), cut into fourths
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4-6 eggs
- freshly chopped cilantro, for serving
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, for serving
- 1 avocado, sliced, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Heat an oven safe skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium-high heat. Add chorizo and brown, breaking it up with the back of a spoon into smaller bite-sized pieces, until it is cooked through (about 7 minutes).
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the chorizo from the skillet and onto a paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
- Pour out excess fat from the skillet, leaving about 1-2 tbsp. of the fat in the skillet to cook the potatoes.
- Add the potatoes to the skillet and toss to coat in the fat. Season with salt and pepper, toss once more. Transfer skillet to the oven and roast the potatoes for 15 minutes, or fork tender and lightly golden (they'll continue to cook in a second so don't over cook).
- Remove from oven, add the chorizo back into the skillet and toss so that they are evenly combined with the potatoes. Carefully crack desired amount of eggs over the top of the chorizo and potatoes. Transfer skillet back into the oven and bake for 10-12 more minutes, or until the egg white is set but the yolk is still runny.
- Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro and serve with lime wedges and sliced avocado, if desired.
SarahMay 8, 2017 at 10:59 pm
This looks so tasty! I can’t wait to make it for dinner tonight. I’m craving something spicy!
AlexMay 8, 2017 at 11:58 pm