You guyyyyss.. this Chopped Italian Salad is seriously off the hook, absolutely fantastic! I love a good no-cook salad, and in this chopped salads I use a trio of Applegate’s Natural and organic meats + their new organic cheese!
Now, let’s talk about their new cheese because I am SO pumped about this new line they’ve just launched. Their new cheese line is made with a transparent, traceable milk pool sourced from pasture-raised cows on independent farms in the Midwest. All of the cows are humanely raised and never administered antibiotics or growth hormones, and the cheese has no added colors or artificial ingredients. And, not to mention, it is Non-GMO project verified! Yes, yes, yes!
So obviously I am excited about using their new, clean cheese line in my kiddos lunches… that’s a gimme; however, I am pumped to use it myself! Although I choose to limit dairy in my diet for the most part, I do still enjoy it fairly often and I am so pleased to add this grassfed, pasture-raised cheese to the list of refrigerator staples!
Here, I’ve used 4 of Applegate’s products to recreate one of my favorite sandwiches in a bowl: a good ole Italian Sub. This salad is filled with chopped romaine, prosciutto, black forest ham, provolone cheese, and genoa salami and tossed with a fantastically simple italian dressing. I could seriously inhale this entire salad in a minute it’s so good!
Add this to your meal plan and you can go ahead and prep the salad in advance, just hold the dressing and dress as you eat it throughout the week. i know you are going to just love this salad as much as I do! YUM.
- 7 oz romaine lettuce hearts (about 1 head), chopped
- 6 slices Applegate Naturals Prosciutto, rolled tightly and sliced thin
- 6 slices Applegate Naturals Uncured Genoa Salami, diced (about 1/2 inch pieces)
- 2 slices Applegate Naturals Black Forest Ham, diced (about 1/2 inch pieces)
- 4 slices Applegate Naturals Provolone Cheese, diced (about 1/2 inch pieces)
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced small
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, loosely chopped
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Pepperocinis, if desired
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/3 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all the "for the salad" ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the "for the salad dressing" ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Drizzle salad with desired amount of dressing. Toss to coat.
- Serve with pepperocinis.