This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Labor day is around the corner and if you need something easy to make ahead of time and bring to a party (or even to a boat) this is the perfect crowd-pleasing dish. I love making a pasta salad when showing up to a day party because it’s chilled and easy to make, and everyone loves them!
Here, I pretty much made my absolutely fantastic caesar salad dressing, made a chicken caesar salad, added pasta to it and called it a day! And boyyyyy is it goood. I love that this has everything you need in one dish: protein, greens, and carbs — all to help fuel you for a day of celebrating!!
- 1 (16oz) box penne pasta
- 3 grilled chicken breasts, diced larged
- 1 head of romaine, chopped
- 3/4 cup homemade caesar salad dressing
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain pasta and rinse under cold running water (rinsing helps remove some of the sticky starchiness so it doesn't clump together in the salad).
- Place pasta in a bowl with the chopped chicken, romaine lettuce, and the caesar salad dressing. Toss until coated evenly.
- Add the parmesan cheese and the lemon juice, toss once more to coat. Taste and add salt and pepper, if needed.
- Chill before serving. Enjoy!