This is the most delicious way to enjoy avocado toast — Avocado Tahini Toast with Za’atar!
This elevated and delicious avocado toast is inspired by the lovely Do Your Thing coffee shop in Marfa, Texas. To be honest, I haven’t even personally ever been to this shop; however, I had someone reach out to me and tell me that I have to try the combo that they put on top of their “Peace Toast.” So after doing a quick search and seeing what the toppings were, I tried it out for myself and fell IN LOVE.
This Avocado Tahini Toast with Za’atar is on repeat in my house for breakfast. I love it so much and enjoying it was a cup of delicious coffee is my favorite. It’s just absolutely delicious and perfect for a quick but flavorful breakfast! It’s so simple to make, but I wanted to ensure it had a place on the blog for reference if you ever want to make it in your own home!
And if you are ever in Marfa, Texas, be sure to stop by Do Your Thing for the real deal. We actually have a trip planned in September and I CANNOT wait.
Avocado-Tahini Toast with Za'atar
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1 large, ripe avocado, mashed
- 2 tbsp tahini I like soom brand
- a squeeze of lemon
- 2-3 tsp za'atar seasoning
- 1/2 tsp crushed red chili flakes, or to taste
- pinch of flakey sea salt I use Maldon
- Toast the sourdough bread.
- Top toast with smashed avocado, and add a squeeze of lemon over the avocado. Drizzle with the tahini then generously season with the za'atar seasoning. Top with crushed red chili flakes and flakey sea salt, to taste.