Sausage and Bell Pepper Skillet
Serves: 2 people
5-ingredient and super easy Whole30 dish!
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb Italian Sausage, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and sliced thin (I use one red and one green. But any are fine)
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced thin
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup store bought marinara
- 2 cups baby arugula, for serving
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the cut sausages to the skillet and brown on both sides, 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer brown sausages to a plate and set aside.
Add the sliced bell peppers and onions to the skillet with some salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
Pour in the marinara and stir to combine. Nestle the sausages into the sauce and let simmer to reheat the sausages, about 3 more minutes.
Serve over a bed of arugula, enjoy!