Ingredients (serves 2):
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 1 red pepper, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 sausage link (I love Wellshire Farms Smoked Andouille Sausage– only 7 ingredients and no added sugar!)
- olive oil, to taste
- Montreal Steak Seasoning, to taste
- Cinnamon, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spread sweet potatoes across a baking sheet and drizzle olive oil lightly across them and then toss around so they are evenly coated. Season to your liking with montreal steak seasoning and cinnamon.
3. Bake for 20 minutes.
4. While sweet potatoes are baking, heat about 1 tbsp. olive oil in a medium pan for about 1 minutes at medium heat. Now add your sliced red onion and diced red pepper. Let cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. In a separate small skillet at medium heat, add your sliced sausage and cook through, about 4 minutes. Toss occasionally.
6. Combine your sausage with your red peppers and onion blend and turn heat to low. Add baked sweet potatoes, blend and enjoy!