Nothing better than a light and fresh pasta dish. We opted for gluten-free quinoa pasta in this Shrimp, Avocado, and Pesto Pasta and it is just as good! Hope you all enjoy this Shrimp, Avocado, and Pesto Pasta as much as we do!
Ingredients: serves 2-3
- shrimp, peeled and deveined
- quinoa spaghetti pasta (or pasta of your choice!)
- 1 avocado, pit and skin removed, then sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp. ghee
- Pesto Ingredients:
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil
- 1/4 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
1. Bring one large pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
2. *While the pasta is boiling: Add the lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, basil, garlic, salt and pepper to a food processor. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
3. In a large pan, sauté the shrimp in 2 tbsp. ghee for about 3-4 minutes or until pink and opaque all the way through.
4. Once the pasta is done, drain it and add it to a bowl with the shrimp, sliced avocado and pesto blend. Toss to coat everything evenly.
5. Optional: Serve with a wedge of lemon to squeeze over the top!
*recipe adapted from norecipes.com