Nothing better than a light and fresh pasta dish. We opted for gluten free quinoa pasta and it is just as good! Hope you all enjoy it as much as we do!
Ingredients: serves 2-3
- shrimp, peeled and deveined
- quinoa spaghetti pasta (or pasta of your choice!)
- 1 avocado, pit and skin removed, then sliced into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp. ghee
- Pesto Ingredients:
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil
- 1/4 cup packed fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
1. Bring one large pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
2. *While the pasta is boiling: Add the lemon juice, olive oil, parsley, basil, garlic, salt and pepper to a food processor. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
3. In a large pan, sauté the shrimp in 2 tbsp. ghee for about 3-4 minutes or until pink and opaque all the way through.
4. Once the pasta is done, drain it and add it to a bowl with the shrimp, sliced avocado and pesto blend. Toss to coat everything evenly.
5. Optional: Serve with a wedge of lemon to squeeze over the top!
*recipe adapted from norecipes.com