Happy December!! The holidays are here in full force and, although they can be overwhelming and hectic, I do love the joy of hosting my family and friends and serving up yummy food. With that being said, I like to keep things simple, exciting, and yummy in my kitchen. This Seared Beef Filet Bites with Horseradish Sauce appetizer couldn’t be easier, it’s healthy, and it’s hearty! From start to finish, you can have this on the table in about 15 minutes. If you’ve made homemade mayo before using the mason jar method, you’ll really have it on the table in no time at all!
I have talked before in this blog post about how much I love PRE® Brands 100% grass-fed beef. Their standards of meat are completely changing the game in the meat world. I also love their packaging not only because it makes storing in the freezer SO easy, but it does not use chemicals or gases to extend shelf life artificially. Instead, they vacuum seal the meat, pulling oxygen out and sealing freshness in. Plus, I can have it delivered right to my doorstep and keep it in my freezer so that I have clean, delicious meat at my fingertips at all times. In this appetizer, I used their filet mignon so that I have a more elegant, holiday-inspired dish. Seared in my cast iron for just 4 minutes per side made it come out cooked perfectly Medium-rare. The cut and quality of their filet is just so good and tastes amazing, there isn’t much work to be done at all! Topped with a creamy, whole30 approved horseradish sauce and a little rosemary and you have a beautiful hors devours on the table in no time! La-te-da!
PRE is available at retailers in across the U.S., on Jet.com and via Amazon Fresh. AND, right now, during the first 2 weeks of December, PRE is having a big Sale on Amazon Fresh, so be sure to check it out! Or visit http://www.pre-brands.com/
So, happy entertaining! Go make these Seared Beef Filet Bites with Horseradish Sauce for your friends and family, they will LOVE them.
- 1/2 cup homemade mayo
- 2 tbsp. freshly grated horseradish
- 1 tsp. distilled white vinegar
- the juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt, to taste
- 4 (6oz) filet (I use PRE Brands Grass Fed Filet Mignon)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 sprig of rosemary, leaves removed and chopped finely
- In a small bowl, combine the mayo, horseradish, vinegar, lemon juice, and salt. Stir and set aside, or refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat a skillet, preferably cast iron, over medium-high heat. Coat the filets in olive oil, then season generously with salt and pepper.
- Sear filet on each side until cooked to desire doneness. I do mine 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer filets to a plate and cover with foil. Let rest for at least 10 minutes.
- When rest time is complete, slice into thin pieces against the grain. You can either lay the slices flat on a plate, or thread them through small wooden skewers for serving like I did.
- Top with a small dallop of the horseradish cream sauce. Garnish with rosemary and sprinkle with a little additional kosher salt prior to serving.