This Pan-Seared Halibut with Mango-Avocado Salsa is so simple to make and absolutely delicious. As we were eating it, we were talking about how if this was what we ordered at a restaurant we went to, we would definitely be returning to that restaurant to order it again! Be a gourmet chef this week and whip up this nutritious meal for you and a friend or your hubby. Your taste buds and belly will be so happy and you will not be super full and feeling gross. We can’t wait to make this one again ASAP!
Pan-Seared Halibut with Mango-Avocado Salsa Ingredients (serves 2):
2 [8-ounce] portions fresh, skinless halibut
olive oil, portions listed below
about 1 tbsp. Montreal steak seasoning
2 cups of arugula
salt and pepper, to taste
a wedge of lime
Mango-Avocado Salsa (Recipe Here)
1. If the skin is still on your Halibut, then gently cut off with a very sharp knife.
2. Rinse and pat dry filets. Drizzle with 1 – 2 tbsp of olive oil and rub it all over the fish so that it is evenly coated on both sides. Generously season both sides with 1-2 tbsp. of Montreal steak seasoning.
3. In a medium-size skillet, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil over medium-high heat. When the skillet and oil are very hot, brown one side of halibut for two minutes (without touching it) then flip over and heat the other side for another two minutes.
4. After both sides are browned, flip filets back over to the first side and turn heat down to low and cover with lid. Let the filets continue to cook until cooked through, about 5-6 minutes. (Half way through this cooking time flip the halibut over one last time to prevent burning on the bottom and to ensure it cooks evenly throughout).
5. In a large bowl, toss arugula in about 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
6. Plate a handful of the arugula mixture on the bottom of a plate, then place the seared halibut over the arugula, and top with the mango avocado salsa. Serve with a wedge of lime. Enjoy!