Okay, okay I DID IT! I made a sweet treat here on The Defined Dish and I am sooooo proud of myself!! Many of you have requested some healthier sweets and, well, it’s just not my thing which is why I’ve just avoided it in the past. When I bake, not only to I tend to mess things up but I really just don’t enjoy it very much. But I’ve been wanting to push myself a bit in the kitchen lately and I had the desire to make something sweet this week and not only am I sharing this Dark Chocolate Cherry + Granola Bark recipe with you this week, but I’ve also got a killer dessert idea coming next week, too! You can thank my woman hormones for these, (and no…I am not pregnant! haha.)
I’ve mentioned before how much I have been loving Paleo Passion Foods Grainless Granola and thought it would be fun to add their granola to this Dark Chocolate Cherry + Granola Bark recipe and I love the texture it adds. I am all about a little salty crunch in my chocolate and the granola in this recipe does just that. The best part about this recipe? It’s pretty much the easiest thing to make ever with no added sugars. I make a big batch of it, break it into pieces and store it in the freezer for a healthier sweet treat or snack. Perfection.
Also, Paleo Passion Food’s is offering a super generous discount for you, my fabulous followers!! Head over to their website and use my discount code ‘thedefineddish’ when you checkout for 15% off your purchase AND free shipping!
- 12oz. dark chocolate baking chunks or chips (60% cacao or higher)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. chia or hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup Paleo Passion Foods Granola (I used the maple cinnamon flavor)
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries, loosely chopped
- 1 tbsp. shredded, unsweetened coconut
- a pinch of sea salt (optional)
- Place chocolate and coconut oil in a heatproof bowl. Bring a couple of inches of water to a simmer in a medium sauce pot. Place the bowl on top and gently stir with a spatula until chocolate and coconut oil are completely melted and smooth.
- Loosely chop the granola and add the granola, coconut flakes, almonds, cherries, sea salt, and chia or hemp seeds to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the chocolate mixture onto the baking sheet. Spread into an even layer with a spatula.
- Sprinkle more chopped granola, coconut and almonds on top.
- Set the baking sheet aside until the chocolate has cooled to room temperature then place in the refrigerator to set completely, about 2-3 hours.
- Once set, break into pieces and store in an airtight container or ziplock bag in the freezer.