Who loves Chinese take out as much as we do? If so, than you must try this healthified take on Beef and Broccoli! Or, try it with chicken or shrimp instead if you’d prefer! If you want to make this dish gluten-free then you must find a gluten -free cornstarch. Some brands we’ve heard carry gluten-free corn strach are Argo and Bob’s Red Mill. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. Top Sirloin Filet (about 3 filets)
- 4 cups of Broccoli Florets
- 1/2 cup organic soy sauce or tamari
- 1 inch piece of ginger, grated
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp. corn starch (we love Rapunzel brand- It just 100% certified organic and completely GMO-free)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 1 tsp. Sriracha, more or less (optional)
1. Slice the beef, against the grain, into very thin strips. Place beef strips in a medium sized bowl or a large ziplock bag. Season with pepper and pour 1/4 cup of organic tamari or soy sauce. Set aside to allow it to marinade for about 10 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup soy sauce, corn starch, beef broth, grated ginger and sriracha. Set aside so flavors can mend.
3. Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in large saucepan or wok. Turn to medium-high heat. Once hot (about 2 minutes), add in the steak and any juices from the marinade and cook for about 3-4 minutes or until steak is seared but not all the way cooked through.
4. Now add in your broccoli florets and your sauce mixture. Cook for another 5-8 minutes or until broccoli is slightly tender. *If your sauce is thicker than you like, add in additional beef broth until sauce reaches your desired consistency.
Serving suggestions: Place it over a bed of brown rice. All those juices need something to soak it up! YUM!