Bacon-wrapped anything is always a great crowd-pleasing appetizer. Growing up, we made what we like to call “Chicken Lizzies,” which is what I’ve posted here with the addition of cream cheese…*drool.* I know you will all love these Bacon Wrapped Chicken + Jalapeño Bites!
I provided the recipe for baking these because, well, not everyone knows how to grill and not everyone has a backyard for grilling; however, if you are a grill master, you should definitely grill these bad boys for some extra flavor!
To keep this Whole30 approved, I left out the addition of cream cheese but feel free to add a little smear of cream cheese on top of each chicken cube if you aren’t Whole30-ing and really want to make your guest’s mouths water! And really, you can do so many fun things with this recipe, here are some ideas (most are not Whole30, but just some fun ideas for those wanting a non-whole30 entertaining option):
- Add a smear of cream cheese over each chicken cube. Top with Jalapeno, then wrap in bacon.
- Toss the cubed chicken in 1/4 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce, then wrap them in bacon.
- Toss the cubed chicken in 2 tbsp. of brown sugar + 1 tsp paprika, then wrap in bacon.
- Toss the cubed chicken in Whole30 compliant ranch, wrap with bacon and jalapeño.
Really, the possibilities are endless, so if you come up with a fun way to do these little Bacon Wrapped Chicken + Jalapeño Bites, share in the comment below! I’d love to see how you made it your own!!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package of pedersons farms no sugar bacon
- 1 jalapeno, very thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 baking sheet wrapped in parchment paper
- toothpicks, soaked in water for 15 minutes before using
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces. Place in a bowl and toss with garlic powder and black pepper, toss to coat evenly.
- Cut bacon into thirds.
- Place jalapeno on top of a peice of chicken and wrap with bacon tightly. then, secure with a toothpick.
- Place on top of the parchment paper covered baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes, or until bacon is crisp and cooked through (cook time will depend on how thick your bacon is cut).
- Remove from oven and let cool on top of some paper towels to soak up the extra grease.
- Serve and enjoy!